Hike through scenic views of towering mountain peaks and valleys covered in magnificent vineyards, enjoy wine tastings at award winning estates. Top the day off with a beautiful wine estate lunch.
Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Stellenbosch and transport will be provided to the starting point of the walk. The vineyard trail meanders through beautiful wine farms in the Banhoek valley between Stellenbosch and Franschhoek While walking this beautiful piece of earth your guide will tell you more about wine making, the indigenous flora and fauna and life on a wine estate in general. During the walk we will visit two wine estates for tastings and a cellar tour before we head to our final lunch stop. For lunch we will have the famous chef’s selection of cheeses, antipasti and charcuterie platters (vegetarian options also available). Sample these local delicacies while enjoying amazing views of the mountains and vineyards of the Banhoek valley. Transportation back to your hotel will be provided.
Good to know
- Distance: 7- 9 km (There are variations on the route)
- Activity level: Moderate
- This activity is wether permitting
- Please make sure that you are healthy and fit enough to do the tour. When in doubt, please get an opinion from your medical practitioner as this is your own responsibility
- Transportation from Stellenbosch
- Two wine tastings
- Lunch (drinks excluded)
- Water bottle (refill possible en-route)
- Wine or drinks during lunch
- Items of personal nature
- Water bottle with water. Refill possible en-route
- Small backpack with a warm jacket or shell is advised
- Insurance information - health and travel information including policy numbers and phone numbers.
- Money for extra drinks or any personal purchases
- Dress according to weather
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes shell is advised
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
The tour from Stellenbosch to Franschoek was great, adventurous and fun. My tour guide Sevo Tamboer was friendly, helpful and very patient. I will definitely tour again with you guys. Adventure Shop rocks
Excellent tour service! They were very punctual and answered all my questions. Booked the transport to and game drive at Inverdoorn Reserve. Had a great time there. The following weekend I booked the Shark Cage Diving. Sadly I got sea motion sickness. My guide Colin was very considered and bought a bottle of mineral water and some mints for me.
We went for the ebike ride from Stellenbosch to franschhoek. At first glance it might appear expensive but it's actually great value. The ebikes are great. You have a stop for a drink then at the end lunch with small wine tasting included. They also provide water and a support vehicle which will follow behind en route. You start at 9am and get back about 4 pm. We had Sevo and Colin looking after us for the day, great fun. Highly recommended :-)
Bike was fine but when I arrived to rent a bike on a Saturday, it was told me that I needed to return the bike earlier because they were going to close. The service is very amateur.
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.
Three Wine Districts Tasting Tour