Hiking Lion’s Head is spectacular with rewarding 360 degree panoramic views as one advances to the summit. It is one of the three iconic peaks that surround the city of Cape Town. From the summit you can cast your eyes over the city of Cape Town, Table Mountain, Robben Island, the beaches of Camps Bay and Clifton and the sparkling coastline along the Atlantic seaboard.
The Lion’s Head Hike can take anywhere between two and three hours return. The top is a magnificent spot for a picnic or to toast the full moon as it rises over the mountains to the east and to watch the sun setting to the west.
Good to know
- Minimum group size is 2 guests (we’ll still run the tour for a single guest, subject to a private tour supplement of R300)
- Hike is weather dependant
- Minimum age 10 years
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Excellent and varied tracks
- Professional guide
- Snacks and refreshments
- Gratuities (optional)
- Windbreaker/raincoat (weather conditions can be different from base of mountain)
- Active gear
- Trainers/running shoes or hiking shoes
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.