Experience a World of Diversity in One Forest – Just a short drive from Knysna and 2 hours from Port-Elizabeth. Situated in the Garden of the Garden Route and heart of Tsitsikamma – Stormsriver Village.
Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour is an Award-Winning Canopy Tour company that turns Tourism activities into Tourism experiences! Enjoy being suspended 30m above the forest floor on the Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour, cable sliding from ten platforms, tree to tree while discovering the spectacular and unique wilderness of the Tsitsikamma Indigenous forest. Surrounded by birdlife and giant trees like the Outeniqua Yellowwood, known to us as Uncle Sam who is over 600 years old! One can easily feel like a dwarf standing against it.
The tour begins with a detailed safety briefing followed by a 'kitting up' session where a full-body harness, pulleys, and climbing equipment is issued and checked. A short drive into the Tsitsikamma forest and it is time to monkey around!
From the start on the launch platform, a new world unfolds as one gently glides on a steel cable to the first tree platform. All groups are escorted through the forest canopy by a lead guide and a follow guide to ensure your safety as you slide from tree to tree. The platforms built high up in the giant Outeniqua Yellowwoods, provide an unbelievable view of this enchanting new world - any fear of heights is soon lost as you gather in your new surroundings.
Good to know
- Clients are advised that the tour includes a 600m hike out afterward.
- Moms to be: We apologize – this tour is not for you while you are pregnant.
- We suggest a weight restriction per person of approximately 120kg to 130kg – this restriction is not weight-related but rather imposed by the size of the harnesses we use and is based on the circumference of the straps around the body.
- Our minimum age is 5 years old, and the children can do the tour in tandem with the guide.
- The activity is an all-weather activity. Even in the rain – just bring something warm to wear and come and enjoy a rain forest experience with us. It is in the Tsitsikamma Indigenous forest and is always a magical experience. A rain jacket will be supplied.
- Guests who are differently-abled or have unique needs must please book via telephone or email to share their specific requirements
so that we can cater to their needs and ensure you enjoy your experience to the fullest.
- Bottled water
- Full-body harness
- Safety equipment
- Certificate of completion
- Meal discount voucher
- Two qualified guides
- All additional items
- All additional items
- Comfortable clothes should be worn
- Closed footwear that is secure on your feet and that will not fall if you are suspended in mid-air
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
We had so much fun on the canopy tour. Guides are super welcoming, fun and ensure a super sage experience. Highly recommended!
Great family adventure , beautiful scenic nature experience. Very professional and well trained staff. Safe and fun for all ages
My Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour experience was amazing, from the safety briefing, to the instructors, to the ziplining itself. Was certainly a trip to remember!
Fantastic experience in this beautiful beautiful part of the world.
The Woodcutter's Journey /tour was exceptional - the guides are absolutely fantastic and their knowledge of the region and the forest is incredible.
We learned a whole lot from them.
The packed lunch is a very very nice touch.
They provide blankets on the forest truck in case guests get chilly.
This is a very unique experience for anyone wanting to learn more about the Tsitsikamma (and Garden Route region and its history.)
Did the wood cutters tour. Stephen and Charl were great. Will definitely recommend it to those traveling in the area, worth the money!
Light Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 24 hours before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.